Challenge The Project Addresses
Dangerous protesters and rioters with masks destroy property and harm others, without the thought of any consequences through their anonymity. The theory of identifying a masked person in real-time, reduces their chances of them causing a crime. By adding a Pi Noir V2 IR with either a 680nm, 720nm, 850nm, 950mm filter, you can see through the black-masked material.
This project helps gain an understanding of designing a Pi Smart Glass and learning how to program with different API Recognition on the Raspberry Pi.
- Students will learn to use Raspberry Pi Zero.
- Students will learn to create/use Schematics.
- Students will learn to Solder.
- Students will learn Python coding.
- Students will understand image recognition API.
- Students will experience hands-on construction.
- Students create Smart Glasses.
The project also includes programming in Python and Bash. Basic understanding of Machine Vision and facial recognition, image search recognition, OCR recognition API.