RE2's Maritime Dexterous Manipulation System features the only human-like electromechanical 6 degree-of-freedom robotic arm for inspection-class ROVs that offers neutral buoyancy, corrosion protection, and pressure compensation.
Whether used for commercial applications, industrial tasks, or military operations, RE2 Robotics is committed to creating state-of-the-art robotic technologies and is focused on developing products that can save human lives.
Why choose MDMS?
- Electronically driven, energy-saving system prolongs runtime and frees up subsea UUV power for cameras and sensors to interrogate the environment
- Lightweight, compact design allows for smaller “footprint,” or volume, in constricted or precarious environments
- Neutral buoyancy ensures system stays balanced and controllable at any depth
- Closed, sealed design protects electrical system from water ingress and grit, reducing system maintenance and downtime
- Multi-level corrosion management system, including the use of sacrificial anodes and anodized joints, allows for extended subsea interactions
- Flexible system can be teleoperated with RE2’s instinctive and easy-to-use Imitative Controller (IC), or operated with autonomous and semi-autonomous control
- The system is designed to easily integrate with ROVs and AUVs from leading manufacturers, including VideoRay, Teledyne Seabotix, Oceaneering, and more.
In this video, MDMS is shown easily turning an underwater valve.
Learn more about MDMS: https://www.resquared.com/underwater
Download the eBook, "The Next Frontier: Maritime Dexterous Manipulation System," from RE2's Tech Resources page: https://www.resquared.com/tech-resources